Time Management Tips
Many people are going online to complete and /or further their education. Online courses and degrees have been growing in popularity because people’s schedules are becoming more and more crowded. It gives people the opportunity to work around their busy schedules. In doing so, many are learning that their time management skills are not up to par. Time management is very important when trying to balance multiple responsibilities, whether you are a student, parent or single parent. The time management tips below apply to everyone and by following them, you are sure to find more time to do the things you love.
1. Plan: This is an important step in managing your time. We all know what we have to do but it’s a matter of getting it done. So create an agenda and color-code it according to an order of importance; if you fill in your calendar, take the time to plan and organize it so you are not overwhelmed by what needs to be done.
2. Prioritize: Trying to juggle school, work, kids, and a social life isn’t always easy. But if you prioritize, your life will flow more smoothly. Attend to the most important things first. For example, get your school work done early before going out for a coffee with friends.
3. Lists: Most people love to make lists. Itemizing helps you visualize what needs to be done. It is also a great way to motivate yourself because as things are completed, you can simply check them off your list.
4. Flexibility: It’s obvious no matter how much time you spend planning your schedule, something is bound to come along to disrupt it. In order to avoid such frustration, allow some extra time between chores.
5. Don’t Procrastinate: We all know how to procrastinate and some of us are masters. It can be disastrous. One method of breaking this habit is to divide up your task into parts. This way, little by little, it will eventually be completed.
6. Rewards: If you promise yourself something pleasurable once a task is completed, it will act as motivation to finish. It might be something as simple as a chocolate bar or taking a break to visit friends.